This weekend, the CIAPR and Grupo Guayacán are hosting an advanced workshop aimed for entrepeneurs, any one who is interested in improving their business or founding one. This is a short adaptation of the Entrepreneurship Development Program from the MIT Sloan School of Management, valued at $8,800.00. This is a great chance to connect and network with local entrepeneurs and investors.
Guayacán is known as the group behind the EnterpriZe competition.
Place: Colegio de Ingenieros, Hato Rey
* This is a 16 hours general credits workshop for CIAPR members.
Grupo Guayacán, Inc. and the “Colegio de Ingenieros y Agrimensores de Puerto Rico” cordially invites you to the Advanced Workshop “Starting and Building a High Growth Venture”.
High Growth Venture entrepreneurship is considered a key growth driver for many countries’ economies. Today, engineers and scientists look to generate innovative solutions and technology that could result in an entrepreneurial venture, yet the vast bulk of tech based entrepreneurship initiatives fail.
Understanding the unique challenges and opportunities of tech-based entrepreneurship is essential for converting many of these efforts into real business opportunities.
View the Program Syllabus
Early Bird Registration (Due date: September 30th, 2009)
Regular Registration (After September 30th, 2009)
Dowload the Registration Form here
Saturday - October 3rd:
8:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:30
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:30
- Identifying the Customer and their needs
- Developing and defining the compelling Value Proposition
- Validating the Opportunity - Market & Competitive Analysis
- Shaping the Opportunity
- Disruptive Innovation as the source of huge opportunity
- Sustaining vs. Disruptive Innovation -
Picking the right customer - or “non - customer”
- Technology as the enabler - not the solution
12:30 - 2:00
2:00 - 3:30
- Market Segmentation - a different approach
- Entry and Growth Strategy -
target markets and sequential market development
- Competitive advantage & product positioning
3:30 - 4:30
4:30 - 6:00
- Sales, Marketing & Distribution for Disruptors
- Strategy and Positioning
- Advanced topics in Marketing for High Growth
6:00 - Whenever!
Sunday - October 4th:
8:00 - 9:00
9.00 - 10:00
10:00 - 10:45
10:45 - 12:15
- Characteristics of successful business models
- Shaping business models over time
- Emergent Strategy & Managing Risk
12:15 - 1:30
- Facts & fairy tales of new venture financing
- Challenges and opportunities
- Angels, Devils and everything in-between
3:00 - 3:45
3:45 - 5:30