Hey there, I'm Héctor, a software engineer at Facebook. I am a mobile app developer at heart, and for the past four years I've worked as a developer advocate for Parse, the backend as a service for mobile that recently transitioned to an open source Parse Server. I am now exploring new ways of building native apps with a focus on improving developer efficiency.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my wife and young son. We have been here for a few years now, but I was born and grew up in Puerto Rico, a colonial territory of the United States.
After graduating from the University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez with a B.S. in Computer Engineering, I worked as a Systems Architect for several years at EVERTEC, a transaction processing business serving major financial institutions in Latin America. I quit my first job out of college to develop mobile applications full time, eventually building what is still the #1 mobile app in Puerto Rico.
- Ask Parse Anything - July 2015 - Facebook, Menlo Park, CA
- Ask Parse Anything - May 2015 - Facebook, Menlo Park, CA
- The Next Level: Building Complex Apps on Parse - Facebook F8 2015, San Francisco, CA
- Facebook F8 2014 App
- Getting Started With Parse - Parse Developer Day 2013, San Francisco, CA
- Getting Started with Parse - Facebook Mobile Developer Conference 2013, London, U.K.
- Facebook - Platform Services Engineer, Developer Infrastructure
- Parse - Solutions Architect, Developer Advocacy
- Polsense - Principal Engineer
- EVERTEC - Systems Architect, Senior Engineer
- Xerox - Internship, Continuous Build Systems
- UPR Mayagüez - Systems Administrator for the Physics Dept. Computer Lab and High Performance Cluster